Wednesday, January 15, 2014

THING 1

I have been looking forward to participating in the 23 Mobile Things program.  As the shift from desktop and laptop computers to mobile devices takes place, I find myself assisting more and more customers with their mobile devices. I see this program as an opportunity for me to learn more about this trend as well as the apps available for use. 

I attended the 2012 MLA Conference in St. Paul. They had several opportunities for attendees to learn about various Apps as well as devices. I own a smartphone and a Kindle Fire. I have become quite good with my own devices, but realize my exposure and knowledge is limited compared to the wide range of options out there. I hope this program will broaden my personal use AND enable me to better serve the customers in my library. 

Thing 1:  This is my first blog!  I follow several blogs and frequently comment on those, however have never created my own. I found it surprisingly easy to set up my blog. Since I am already a Google user, I chose Blogger. I had my blog set up within 5 minutes. I will go back now in the next day or two and change the options, but was amazed at how easy it was to get started. I look forward to Things 2-23!

Let the learning begin............

No comments:

Post a Comment